Professional Deck Staining
Deck Prep-Work | Deck Painting | Deck Staining
Are you ready to refinish your backyard deck in time to use it this year? Staining a deck is one of those necessities of life that are best done by someone else! J&A Construction NJ Inc provides competitive pricing for deck staining services and does thorough and quality work. Give us a call to have a look at your deck and provide a reasonable quote.
Call for a FREE Quote
Decks Done Right
Anything worth doing is worth doing well. The team at J&A Construction NJ Inc takes the time to get it right. There are best practices associated with cleaning, sanding, and staining decks and we've honed in on the process that keeps decks splinter-free and looking great year after year.
If you're looking to hire a contractor to stain or paint your deck, J&A Construction NJ Inc would be happy to have a look and offer a quote. Our proven methods have created many satisfied customers.
J&A Construction NJ Inc's Deck Staining Procedure
Our tried and true deck staining process is simple, but taking the time in the details is what makes our team stand out among the competition. Here is our process:
- Inspect the deck for rotted areas and replace the boards as needed.
- Sand down rough areas that can break off and cause splinters.
- Clean the deck thoroughly with a pressure washer and a deck cleaner.
- Allow the deck to dry completely.
- Apply a coat of premium deck stain.
- Allow the stain to dry completely.
- Apply a second coat of stain.
- After 24 hours in dry conditions, your deck will be ready to enjoy!
What Can Go Wrong with DIY Deck Staining?
The team at J&A Construction NJ Inc often gets phone calls to finish deck staining projects that went wrong. We've seen it all!
Common problems to watch for when staining a deck include:
- Not cleaning the deck thoroughly before staining can lead to uneven coverage.
- Not allowing the deck to dry completely before applying the stain, which can cause it to bubble or blister.
- Applying the stain too thickly can cause it to peel or crack.
- Not applying a second coat of stain, which can lead to uneven color and fading.
When in doubt, call (201) 482-3250 to get help with staining your deck from the start or taking over if you bit off more than you could chew! Either way, we've got you (and your deck) covered.